Get Your First Developer Job
Finding the first developer job is very hard because most jobs advertised require 1-3 years of developing experience, decent portfolio and passing technical interviews.
Step 1 Create Portfolio
- Write a 30 words pitch to introduce yourself
- Languages and technologies you have learned
- Lastest projects you have done
- Your employment history
- Educational background
- Awards you have got
Step 2 Enrich Portfolio
- Visit Bootcamp page
Step 3 Seek Jobs
- Create an account in linkedin.com
- reverse recruiting on LinkedIn, which is basically looking up recruiters at companies I’d be interested in working at and sending a connection request with a note about how I’d love to talk more about a specific opening. It’s a well-known practice that yields much higher response rates than blind applications.
Step 4: Pass Interview
- Read company website